Saturday, September 30, 2006

Sep. 30, 2006: Forum Mis-hap

Today, first of all, I went shopping for a giant whiteboard (for storyboards). I came up empty handed, but did find some nice green sheets of giant card stock; just the right shade for green screen usage. I bought 2 of them (each only costing $.99) and I am sure they will be put into good use. Then came our big scare.

When I got home, I tried to get on the forums, but was just greeted by some weird error message I had never seen before in my life. I tried several times about an hour or so apart, but with no luck. I even tried different computers, but was greeted by a not-so unfamiliar error message. Fearing the worst, I found a new forum host and started from scratch; adding every single forum that had been on the old one. Kevin and Kyle came over and helped me out too. Finally, we had gotten a close-enough duplicate of the original forums. A while later, I tried getting on the old forums... just for kicks. As painful as it is for me to tell you, the original forums were back online.

So, a lot of time went down the drain. That sucks.

1 comment:

Jolene said...

Layne- Congrats on the this new Blog!!! we are privy to the inner workings of a great Director.
That really suchs about the forum. I'm sorry! But now you will know what's happening if it ever happens again.

TPCast